pt., 08 kwi|
Location is TBD
CONTRADICTIONS - London 2022
For actors, dancers and movers—“Contradictions” is a rigorous 6-day workshop based on researching the friction of logical and physical incompatibilities placed beside each other to reveal new forms of synthesis in acting, physical expression, and the creative process.
Time & Location
08 kwi, 16:00 GMT+1 – 10 kwi, 18:00 GMT+1
Location is TBD
About the event
Flabbergast Theatre are delighted to announce a professional development workshop open to dancers, performers, actors and those looking for reliable tools for personal artistic expression with Physical Theatre Master Matej Matejka (Slovakia).
Matej’s pedagogical method “Contradictions” is based on researching the compression and friction of ’potentially logical and physical incompatibilities placed beside each other’ to reveal new forms of synthesis in acting, physical expression, and the creative process. We will combine rigorous physical theatre practices, martial arts, and dance to get participants to push their boundaries, step outside their comfort zones and go beyond their physical habits.
Contradictions is a method of redefining differences in order to make them function beside each other in a more intense, conscious, and balanced way. We don’t need much more than human presence and dedication.
Participants are introduced to elements of:
• rediscovering anatomy, opening physical abilities no matter to the level of previous movement experience
• tools for building original physical structures
• awakening the intuitive body
• sensitivity and listening through partner and group
• power of collective presence and creative improvisations
• unique exercises tracing to Grotowski’s laboratory work
• adventure of unpredictable compositions of performative actions
• ritual of a respectful and focused working environment, individually and in a group